Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Tiny Gift Jar Boxes


Well I just love when Christmas comes more than once a year!  That's what I felt like a few days ago when I got a box from the Cut at Home store with lots of yummy goodness inside.  Bundled together were a set of dies and embossing folders from Sizzix and an idea sheet on how to make these darling gift boxes.  They measure about 2" wide x 3"high x 1 1/4" deep.


I used Graphic 45's new Botanical Tea collection of papers to cover the boxes, sandwiched between the outside and inside paper is a layer of medium weight black chipboard.  The chipboard creates a sturdy base for the box.


These little gems are the perfect size to hold a gift card like I've shown above or a couple of bags of tea in the blue box.  You could also use them as baby or wedding shower favors or to give someone just a little boost on a rainy day, adding a few truffles on the inside might do the trick.


Included in my bundle was the Sizzix BigZ Die for this 3-D Ribbon and bow.  This is the perfect size not only for these boxes but I can see them being just the perfect little something on some of my mini pages or cards.  The spoon has been covered with a foil I had on hand, it's sticky on one side and waxed paper on the other, you can find something similar in your local hardware store or simply use heavy duty foil glued on the chipboard.  The finishing touch here was to run it through the Sizzix embossing folder Corner and Flower Vine.  It gives the handle that decorative embossed look.

Check out my video for a start to finish and additional photos.   I hope you'll give these little gift boxes a try and I'd love to see what you've created, drop me a note and let me see!

Thanks for stopping by!  Patti

Supplies from my Stash included black medium weight chipboard, hot glue gun, Aleene's Tacky Glue, bling, ribbon, tulle



No comments: