Wednesday, February 5, 2014

2 Hour Makeover


a Cut at Home Design Team Project

At Christmas time I was in Barnes and Noble browsing when I ran across this little spiral notebook for Internet Passwords and logbook. I thought it would make a great Stocking Stuffer.  Of course after I got it home and looked at it I though gee I wish I'd bought me one, do you know that feeling?  Talking to my girlfriend on the phone one morning I told her I thought I'd pop in the bookstore and see if they had anymore and she said that was just what she needed as well so when I went I bought 2 more.  I altered one for her and one for me. A few papers from Heartfelt Creations Daphne collection for the front covers and insides started to help this little black book take on a new persona.
These are really the same book, it's just the angle of camera that has one looking larger than the other. By added some lace, metal corners, a little bling - stickles and Glossy Accents, the books really began to make the transformation from plain to pretty.
I added a pocket on the inside front and covered up the print on the first page.  The flower is made from the Vintage Floret die and stamp set from Heartfelt Creations.  I tucked a post a note pad in the pocket.
Inside the back cover is a pocket with a Popsicle stick journaling spot tucked in.  I added a touch of ribbon laced with brown ribbon across the bottom and finished it off with a metal butterfly and rosette. I think counting time for finding paper, cutting and inking it and putting everything together in the book you could easily have it finished within the 2 hours.  So next time you're 'browsing' the stores keep your eye out for a plain little book that you can 'makeover' into something lovely.

Check out my video to see start to finish of the second book, some tips on making the flowers and still photos.



Supplies:

No comments: