Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Challenge Word Card

This month in our Yahoo card group (Crafty Card Creators) we were to make a card using the word Luck or any form of it, like lucky, luckiest, etc. It's always so fun to see how different people can use the same thing and come up with so many unique styles.
I cut the Shamrock out on my Cricut. I didn't have a file so searched the net until I found Scrapbook Blessing Blog with this one. It was perfect, I cut two decreasing the size a tad on the top one, inked the bottom, added the button and pop dots.
I also cut out the word Lucky on my Cricut but I just didn't like the looks of it. So after much experimenting I used the reverse cut (the part still on the paper) as a mask and inked the letters in brown. This I like much better.
This is the first time I've used actual brown craftstock paper. I like the look of it so much when seeing cards made with it on other blogs so thought it time to check it out myself. The paper border is one that was in set of Scrapbooking stuff from Costco a year or so back. The color wasn't just right so inked it as well. The bottom paper is from a DCWV stack.  The floral scallop was done with a new EK Success border punch I got yesterday which I love!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Neat card, Patti! I love how you did the lucky on the card and the cute shamrocks!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so cute...I love the way you did the border...very nice Patti.

Stef H said...

oh i think this is fabulous. i love that clover and the stenciled lucky is stunning. great job!