Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Spellbinders Majestic Labels Card

a Cut at Home Design Team Project

Spellbinders has the most gorgeous dies like the Majestic Labels 1 I've used today.  The cuts are frilly and beautiful and if you alternate the positions like I show above you create this intertwined look.  I made a couple of these cards leaving the opening free on the first and using vellum behind the aperture on the inside on this one (you can see more photos in the video below).


OK I'm a packrat when it comes to crafty things, I admit it.  I'm also a 'let's look through this clearance bin' sort of person.  Do either of those descriptions fit you, if you're crafty I bet they do!   The flowers I've used on my cards today came from the final final final clearance, lol.  The deep rose flower today originally was a Poinsettia Wreath that I got for a quarter.  I removed all the individual flowers and leaves, tossed the rest and today rounded the pointed ends of the poinsettia petals to create my flower, removed the plastic center and inserted this Maya Road pearl and rhinestone gem. Bordering the darker flower are the smaller pink ones which started out as a swag and ended up in my flower drawers.  Check out those end of season bins and see if you can find something to use later with a little snip here and there.



The inside of the card is the die cut piece from the front of the card, a 4" doily stamped with my sentiment and flourishes from Spellbinders Shapeabilities Gold Corbels & Accents die.  I also tucked one of these flourishes around the flowers on the front.

Check out the video below for a step-by-step on how to put the card together along with more photos. Thanks for stopping by!!  
Patti



Supplies


1 comment:

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Patti. Love the die and the colours.