Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Kaisercraft Art of Life Mini

A Cut at Home Design Team Project


I used this little naked Kraft and Chipboard book I found at JoAnns to create this fun little mini for memories and memorabilia.  Using Kaisercraft's Art of Life collection I matted each of the pages and envelopes and then distressed all the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Gathered Twigs.  


The addition of the gusseted envelopes is a nice touch in a mini of this size, they allow expandable room for little bits and pieces and of course the rest of the photos you aren't showcasing on a page.  I cut all the mats from the Spellbinders Nestabilities Superellipse die.  I thought whomever gets the mini could either use them as templates or glue the photo on one side and journal on the other.  


If you're not familiar with Kaisercrafts smaller pads they always have a few sheets of punchouts in the back a great addition.  I used them on the pages above to not only create focal points but also to keep the photos from falling out. 


Check out my video below, I'll show you the naked book I started with, a glimpse of how I do my pages, a walk through page-by-page of the book and still photos.


Supplies:

2 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Gosh Patti - another brilliant project. The papers are absolutely gorgeous.

Rene Price aka gabbysews said...

This is beautiful! I'm so glad I found you on YouTube! I subscribed to your channel and I'm adding your blog to my Feedly. I can't wait to see what you make next. I'm off now to look at some of your past creations!