Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Mini Album



Does paper speak to you?  It sure does to me.  Graphic 45's Botanical Tea Collection transports me back in time (now if it could only make me younger too, lol).  The papers are so reminiscent of my Grandmothers and Aunts.  It made me feel warm and fussy and loved when I was working with them.  I know you're probably shaking your head about now, but it's like a song on the radio or a certain scent, when you hear or smell them memories of past come flooding back.  I think my Grandma's are smiling at me right now, that's a good thing.


For this project I wanted to create a mini anyone could make, yes you included!  It's simply 8 pages of cardstock and 2 chipboard covers.  I matted the inside pages with the designer papers and covered the chipboard with cream colored cardstock.  I used Lindy's sprays to alter the outsides so that I was picking up the colors from the collection.


I had intended on using my Cinch to bind it but the metal of the coils just didn't fit with the image I had in my mind.  I replaced the coils with the ribbon and am much happier now.  With facing pages I stayed with the same designer paper mats and then used scraps to form pockets, belly bands or focal points to slip photos behind.


This time I shied away from a lot of embellishments staying primarily with the paper and the additions that come with it, chipboard, stickers, pendants, pockets etc.  The paper is so gorgeous it really doesn't need a lot of other embellishments to set it off.  Keeping to the collection also allows the book to close more easily instead of bowing on the outer edge like a few I've made do.

I hope you'll check out my video to see an overview of each page.  There's also an accompanying video for the gift box I made to put the mini in here and blog post here.




Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll become a follower of my blog today if you aren't already.
Have fun crafting!  
Patti

Supplies:

2 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

I don't know how I missed this Patti. It is marvellous. Your projects are so detailed. This is so pretty.

Debra said...

I just ordered all the supplies required to make this beautiful project. I had trouble finding a few items. What brand are the butterflies and metal corners on the book cover, and the filigree metal embellishment on the box? Many thanks for your reply. This project is stunning! I may be reached at drecfor01@comcast.net