Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Spellbinders Filigree Egg Cards

a Cut at Home Design Team Project


How would you like to give a really beautiful 'wow' Easter card that will take you very little time and supplies to make?  I've got one for you today using Spellbinders Die D-Lites Filigree Egg Die.  The base of the card is made with Spellbinders Majestic Labels One die.  You cut two of the labels and use one for the front and score the other 3/4" from the edge to form the back.  Glue the two together along the scored area and you have a hinged card.


I cut the egg twice and sprayed one with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst in Love at First Sight Lavender and then popped the white one atop the lavender and centered it on the front of the card.  By adding a tulle bow and the flower with bling it just finishes off the card.


Now, to step up my card a tad I used Joy! Crafts Elegant Card Stand (thank you Marie-Louise for sharing about this stand with me!)  I used 100# card stock and and cut two stands, glued them together and lightly colored the edges with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Milled Lavender (I also used this ink to go around my card base).  The card stand just adds that extra touch and I know whomever I give the cards to is going to love that they can display it this way.  I know this is something I'm going to use and give often with my cards!

Now, hmmmm, did you notice there are two stands above?  And one is not lavender??? Well I guess you'd better check out my video below not only for a step-by-step on how to make the card but also for another idea of how to use these dies!   Have fun crafting everyone!

Supplies:

2 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

This is a beautiful card Patti. I love the egg die. I also make my hinged cards this way - much easier.

Marian Dean said...

Love your card and stand. I have the stand die, never occurred to me to double it to make it stronger...I did find it too frail for some of my more embellished cards. :)))