Thursday, January 7, 2016

Valentine Shaker Cards

a Cut at Home Design Team Project

Today I'm featuring two shaker cards.  If you've not done a shaker before now is the time to try. You'll love the effect.  I'll be doing the pink one start to finish on the video below.  Just a note I tried using some fine glitter and chunky glitter inside the red shaker card and ending up ripping everything apart, removing it and starting again.  The glitters tended to stick to the acetate instead of shaking around like they are suppose to.  I had even used my embossing buddy pillow across the acetate but they still clung, it just wasn't a look I liked.


Here's card one, it's done using Spellbinders Doily Heart Circle for the shaker part and Heartfelt Creations All Glammed Up decorative papers (the LOVE is from an older Bo Bunny collections called Head Over Heels).


Both cards include these darling little bows made from Spellbinders Tiered Multiloop Bow die set. This set has three sizes of bows and you can either cut them with the insert, creating the effect as shown on the bow top above, or plain like the tails above.  


Here's the second card, this is the one I'll be doing start to finish on today's video.  I love pink and black color combos and this is no exception.  This is a really old paper collection from Heidi Grace but perfect for this card.  I used Spellbinders Shapeabilities Font One in Lowercase for the Be Mine sentiment on the inside.  


Outside I die cut the word Forever from the Sizzix Thinlits die set from Tim Holtz - Friend, in script.
There are a lot of these word sentiment dies in the store, be sure and check them out.  I cut mine three times and glued them together to give more of a punch to the word and a semi-chipboard look.  All the circles were die cut using Tattered Lace Essentials Decorative Circles die, wow are these die sets a must have, this one has 19 graduated circles in it!

So come join me on today's video, I'll share tips, tricks and ideas for making a shaker card plus lots more still photos.




Supplies from the store include:
S4-316: Spellbinders Nestabilities Doily Heart Circle dies
660225: Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlits – Friend collection
S5-199: Spellbinders Shapeabilities Font One – Lowercase
S6-048: Spellbinders Tiered Multiloop Bows
HCDP1-260: Heartfelt Creations All Glammed Up paper collection
ETL14: Tattered Lace Essentials Decorative Edge Circles
TIM43287: Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Candied Apple
Supplies from my crafty stash includeHeidi Grace decorative Valentine papers; Stampin’ Up red Glitter paper; Kraft cardstock: WRMK Corner Chomper; Brads; Wink of Stella; black eyelash trim; Little B Scallop dies; Double sided tape; ATG gun; Black cardstock; Sequins in red and pink, Martha Steward 

No comments: