Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tri Shutter Card


I saw this card online the other day and knew I had to make one. I found the video and instructions on the Resources site of Split Coast Stampers here. The card is actually just a simple rectangular card but what makes it unique is how it's cut and folded. The possibilities are just endless. I must have spent over an hour the other day just looking at all the examples in their gallery here.

This is a marvelous way to use up scraps! I used a crimper on the two side panels, the Cuttlebug on the butterfly and a couple of the small pieces, assorted embellishments I had in my drawer.

3 comments:

Diann said...

Patti, I have enjoyed browsing around your blog - great ARTwork here! I'm in the process of making my first Tri Shutter card - your's is lovely! Diann

Michelle Shefveland said...

Patti, this card and the intricacy of it is amazing...thanks for sharing your blog with us.

I used to be a Stampin' Up consultant and so loved making cards! :)

m

Anonymous said...

I too have been wanting to make one but not found the time... I love yours, you did an amazing job with this....