Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Using My Scraps for a Valentine's Tag/Card

I'm back again today with a tag or card, whichever you prefer to call it, using more of my crafty room scraps.  I used several different paper collections in this tag, both sizes of the Graphic 45 Alphabet tags and other embellishments from my stash.  As always check the video link at the end of this post to get the complete process of how I made my tag along with tips and ideas for using your own crafty scrap stash.


I store my 6x6 and 8x8 paper pads in a bin on my shelves and leftovers from paper collections either by themes or manufactures in 13x13" art bins in my wire shelving unit.  For this card/tag I pulled Websters Pages papers and a Victorian Valentine pad my friend Paula had gifted me from the 6x6's and then looked in my art bin labeled Love/Marriage.  In here I toss remnants of paper lines that pertain to love and romance. I found an old Basic Grey sticker sheet from the Bittersweet Collection (circa 2008!) I found great cut aparts from Authentiques Adore collection, I think that's a couple years back.  The jist of it is if you group things together you can pull them out and begin seeing what piece from this will go with what piece from that.  It's amazing how you can cross over manufactures and collections for your project.


I had some white doily paper hearts in my stash and I lightly shaded them to dull down the white and let the color scheme flow better with the natural tones of the paper.  By backing the thin doily with paper you can form a pocket while strengthening the paper.  I also slit the paper (upper left) along the curved line to create a second pocket on the front for the tuck in tag you see in the first photo.  I love slitting through the paper when I'm trying to preserve the image.  You don't loose any of the picture part but you can create an additional useable accent.


One of my favorite parts of this project was running across this die from Creative Expression by Sue Wilson, I love her dies.  This one was perfect to create an addition pocket on the back side to slip the cut apart in.  I used a tinted glassine bag (gifted from Manuela) to slide the cut apart into. 


Come and spend a few minutes with me on the video where  I can share more of what I've created here and inspire you to dig into those crafty scraps you have in your own art space. Thanks for stopping by, Patti



Visit me at A Soul’s Heartbeat on BloggerFacebookYouTubePinterest and Instagram.

No comments: