Sunday, February 3, 2019

Using my Crafty Space Scraps

Hi everyone I decided I'd use up some of my crafty room stash and make either embellishment clusters, tags or cards.  For this first experiment I ended up with a pretty 5x7" card.  What do you think?



I pulled out a handful of 6x6" paper, which I'm really bad about using anymore.  I also found two boxes of Graphic 45 Alphabet Banner tags.  I never use these and thought they'd make great bases for cluster elements or card fronts.  I still love that they have these fabulous grommets at the top and wanted to be able to utilize them in something revamped. I used some old packaging acetate and made templates that were 1/4" smaller than the tags so I can cut mats to decorate them with.  Since the middle is cut out where the letters are I wanting a backing for stability.  


I have a bin that has die cuts in it.  Ones I've cut and didn't use, just odds and ends.  I found the arrow and leaves in this bin and used a jar of Nuvo Mousse to give them shimmer.  Mind you I've had the Mousse for well over a year and never used it.  It dried out from sitting around being neglected for so long.  The jar says you can add water and that's what I did.  It's not the soft creamy texture it was to begin with but it still gave a gorgeous glimmer to my die cuts.

Another thing that's been stashed on a shelf is this wonderful dictionary I bought at a paperback book store.  I love the look of torn pieces of it on my cards or art.  Since my image on the front is a frog and fairy I thought it would be great to incorporate the word Believe (like kiss a frog, get a prince, you know believe the impossible).  You can see how I've torn and inked the edges and placed them on the card front on the picture above.  The word stickers, oh my goodness they were a Tuesday Morning find I just had to have, and really I'm so glad I got them but I rarely used them, will today was the day and they were perfect, just the right size, just the right sentiments.  So Hoorah!  I've used up bits and pieces that have just being laying around and have a new card as well.


If you follow my channel you know I always like to put something on the inside.  Here's a sampling of the inside, more die cuts with the Nuvo Mousse, another sticker, some seam binding and a great journaling spot.

Come on over to my YouTube channel and check out the process video.  I'll share lots of tips and ideas for using up your crafty scraps.  Thanks so much for stopping by!


Visit me at A Soul’s Heartbeat on BloggerFacebookYouTubePinterest and Instagram.

1 comment:

Lagene said...

Awesome card using left over items!