Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Metropolitan Girl Scraps to Cards


I'm back with another 'using your scraps' post and video.  I know in my heart of hearts once I stick that package of scraps away, no matter how good my intentions, it usually stays tucked away.  New stuff arrives, new projects take over my crafty space and all those fun bits and pieces of leftovers often stay just that way, as leftovers.  So before I cleaned up my crafty mess from making the Metropolitan Girl mini  I decided to turn all those scraps into cards.  You know once I begin it's like my own personal challenge just how many cards can I make.  Well today's grand number hit 15!!  Not too shabby for just the leftovers huh?


When I start on a marathon card session like this I like to have my card bases cut, this time they are all A2 sized cards 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I also gathered some solid color Artisan Paper, the 6x6 paper pad of the Metropolitan Girl and all the scraps from the collection, Distress Inks, Glimmer Mists, Stamps, Embossing Powders, you name it what ever I thought I might need I assembled within a hands reach. By having everything close I know I'll keep on keepin' on until the last scrap is done or I finally say ENOUGH!






Several of the cards have tuck in spots that I can insert money or a gift card, whatever the occasion might call for.  Most of the card bases use Artisan Paper from The Country Craft Creations store (links below).  I did pull out some odd colors like the yellow and peach for a few cards.  Anything in the stash is fair game when you're making projects like this.  



Since this paper is super retro it gave me a chance to use a couple of stamps sets that have just been tucked away screaming at me to take them out and play with them.  A Wendi Vechi stamp set called Gossiping About Art and a Dyan Reaverley Dylusions set called Say It How It Is.  If you like your sentiments to have a little spunk then these two sets would be perfect to add to your stamp collection. I've had mine a while so I'm not sure about their availability.  

Check  out today's video, it will show you not only the outsides but the insides as well, I like to finish most insides with a little something.  These aren't super involved cards, they are more playful, fun ones that basically use up all the leftover scraps.  So dig in your crafty cupboards and pull out a bag of scraps (I know you have some) and make yourself a set of fun scrapped cards today.


Please visit Country Craft Creations here -
Country Craft Creations shoppe - http://countrycraftcreations.com/
you can also join the Facebook group
Scrapbookers of Country Craft Creations here - http://tinyurl.com/zhess6s

Visit me at A Soul's Heartbeat on

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love all you did with those scraps. The 15 cards are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us.