Friday, July 12, 2013

Prima Firefly Collection Mini Album

In January I purchased a kit from Swirlydoos Kit Club called Whimsy.  It's been in my crafty closet since then but the colors and papers, from the Prima Firefly Collection, kept calling to me.  I followed the purchased tutorial from Katy Orta featuring her Build a Page, hidden hinge, style of mini.  Kathy gives ideas and instructions for six different pages styles, I tried one of each in this book just to get a feel for how she does things and which ones I'd like to carry forward into new books.

 Folowing these photos you'll find my YouTube video which goes into great length as to what I used, 
and how I did the pages of this book.

Never throw out anything, lol.
Years ago, Starbucks had nice gifty items and I had purchased these paper clip butterflies,
I gave a few away as gifts and
chased the others around and around for years 
and look where this one found a home!


Combinations pulled from the Swirlydoos kit and my stash lent itself to a bright
sunny book which will make a nice gift at some point 




My favorite page, I loved this Prima flower and the lace from Webster's Pages.
together with the black accents on the page I think it's truly eye catching

This was the first time I'd used the round pull tabs for the mats
and it's fun to see all these bright little bits peaking out
from  the top and side


I found this lace for the spine at JoAnn fabrics and secured it to the book with
Beacon's Fabri-Tac which has become a staple in my crafty space
it holds like iron
Together with the flowers and little bits and bobs I'm happy with the way the outside
of the book came out, sometimes a hard part for me to be satisfied with

Note: YouTube doesn't like my video music
so at the moment I have it private, when I resolve the issue
I'll repost so you can see.

Supplies:


1 comment:

Just Me and My Shadow said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous book Patti. You have a special gift with colours.
Chrissie