Thursday, March 28, 2019

My First Napkin Journal Page!

Hi everyone, I've been watching YouTube and the napkin journal pages and have just been taken by how gorgeous they are.  One YouTuber, Umut Rados, has such great video tutorials with so much useful information.  I followed a lot of her instructions on how to blend the napkin into the background.  But, as with everything new you don't realize how much you don't know until you get into something that's outside your comfort zone.


These are the times I wish I had the luxury of having someone standing over my shoulder saying, yes do that and then do this next.  But I just kept plugging along, I made some mistakes along the way, which is always a good thing because then you have to figure out how to fix them.


I only had two napkins to choose from but one of them, this one, was so special.  It was sent to me by Chrissie Crosser, from A Grandmother's Attic.  I've treasured and hoarded it for way too long so it was good to see it get a new permanent home in my journal.


I did do a process video I hope you'll pop on over to my YouTube channel, the links below, and see how I put together my first napkin journal page.  And oh yes, if you're the kind soul that gave me this quote would you let me know so I can thank you properly.  Speaking of thanks I have another one to go to Kimmie Hogan for the fantastic hand made mixed media journal she sent me.  So much love she put into this special gift to me, thank you Kimmie, as I fill up the pages it's going to become more and more of a treasure.

Thanks for popping by everyone!
Check out my video before you go!





Visit me at A Soul’s Heartbeat on BloggerFacebookYouTubePinterest and Instagram


1 comment:

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

I would love to do more with napkins. There are so many pretty ones out there! I'm going to go watch your YouTube video and I'm sure it'll be gorgeous! I've made a few napkin cards with glitter on them.. watched some of those videos and they are so fun and gorgeous! Wanted to comment here, as when I watch YouTube, it's usually on my TV and I can't comment there. Have a great day! Marilyn