Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Upcycling! Trash to Oh La La.

a Canvas Corp Brands CREW project

Recently I placed an order for some spices online and when it arrived it came in this bright, shiny, yellow box.  I think I was more excited over the box than what was in it.  From the first moment I knew I was going to have to alter that box into something fun and useable.


I know, I know, I throw you that great tease and then what do I do just give you this little snippet of a photo.  But you can already see the fantastic effet the High Impact Aqua paint made over the shiny yellow of the original box!  Pretty cool huh?  I'd love for you to pop on over to the Canvas Corp Brands Blog and take a look at the complete project.


Not only is there the transformed box but also the cutest little mini tucked neatly inside.  You're going to love how I've used the Architextures Collection to make this mini!

As always I've added a video to the mix, a complete walk through of the box and mini.  But wait!  This time I'm sharing a playlist of three videos, two are process videos, how to alter the box and how to make the mini so if you'd like to replicate my idea with any box you have lying around this will give you great food for thought.  The entire Playlist can be found here Upcycled Box & Mini Playlist

Please check out the complete blog post - Upcycled Box and MIni Book using Architextures Collection   over on the Canvas Corp Brands Blog.


Supplies, Tools and Stuff from my Stash
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Graphite, Silver Sugar, Vanilla Breeze, Valentine Pink, Patina; High Impact Paint -Aqua
From my Stash – Artisan Cardstock – Black; Black cording/twine; Versamark Ink; Clear embossing powder; Art Glitter Glue; Kraft Tex – Black; Glossy Accents; Wink of Stella; Metal Rose embellishment; Aleene’s Collage Podge
Tools I used – Fiskars Cutter; Martha Stewart Scor Board; Bone Folder; WRMK pokey tool; Large Eyed long needle

CANVAS CORP BRANDS
Follow Canvas Corp Brands StoreBlog and Facebook Collective Group (this is a group you must request to join, but boy is it worth it!!!)
Canvas Home Basics at Facebook and Instagram.  7gypsies at Facebook and Instagram.  Tattered Angels on Facebook and Instagram.
Visit me at A Soul’s Heartbeat on BloggerFacebookYouTubePinterest and Instagram.


No comments: