Saturday, September 8, 2018

Prima's Misty Rose Mini Album for CCC

a Country Craft Creations project share

Today I'm sharing a new mini album using Prima's Misty Rose Collection from Country Craft Creations.  Oh my word what a gorgeous collection this is my friends!


The base of my mini is medium weight chipboard covered with white Artisan cardstock from the Country Craft Creations store.  I have 4 8" square pages.  I adorned the front with this great doorknob from the Graphic 45 staples collection. Clustering a group of embellishments together added a great front focal place with room behind to tuck in a nice folded notecard, perhaps the perfect place to put a nice to and from note.


Because the mini has 1/2" gussets between the pages it will lie flat when opened, I love this look.  Don't be fooled because there are only four pages, it holds a huge amount of photos.


I've included several paper clip embellishments and embellishment clusters.  I'll be posting a follow up post and video using all the scraps in many more of these little gems.  Perfect to adorn a scrapbook page or be the beginning of a wonderful card.


Many of you ask how can I do pages that will stay closed without using magnets.  So this mini has no magnets but several different types of closures from tuck ins, swing spots, and ribbon ties.  Ideas to help you keep those pages from flapping in the wind and not have the expense of magnets.


Most of you that follow my blog and YouTube know that I really enjoy fussy cutting. To me it's a stress reliever, something I can do while the tv is babbling in the background.  This paper was a fussy cutters dream.  I cut one of the floral pages all apart and have used it throughout my book for closures and embellishments.  Never fear if fussy cutting puts your teeth on edge there are lots of cut aparts that you can substitute for where I used a cut out flower.


I hope you'll pop on over and watch the video walk through so you can get a real sense of my mini.  I'll be adding the video tutorial series over the next week and will pop them all into a playlist to make it easier for you to find.  Thanks for stopping by and have a super crafty day!


Please visit Country Craft Creations here -
you can also join the Facebook groups

Visit me at A Soul's Heartbeat on



2 comments:

dvcrztb said...

This is stunning! The papers are so pretty with the gold embellishment. Love all your fussy cutting. Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Oh Patti, this is so beautiful! Love love love those papers! And your albums is beautiful as usual. I LOVE all the fussy cutting. I enjoy doing that too.... guess it brings back my love of cutting out paper dolls and their clothes when I was a little girl! I haven't tried putting a matting on the back, but I'm going to, as love the look. Did I say I LOVE this album?? hee hee...... one of these days I'm going to attempt making one with the wide spine like you make. Have never done that and stick to mini's that I don't have to cover chipboard.. but want to try it. I'm heading over to watch your video too! Have a wonderful Sunday! Marilyn