Monday, June 19, 2017

Using Blue Fern Embossing Powders

A Country Craft Creations Design Team Share

I've had numerous crafty viewers comment they haven't used embossing powder!  WHAT's that you say????  Unbelievable.  So I thought it was time to do a simple here's how I do it blog post and video to entice you to try your hand..  Disclaimer ---- it's highly addictive and you'll want to do it again and again!


I did use portions of the May and June Craftology boxes, a few tags, stickers some paper and card bases with envelopes.


You don't need a lot to get started.  I'm using 3 different Blue Fern Embossing Powders in my samples today.  Peacock, Black Sand and Antique Gold.  I use an embossing buddy, that's the little pillow that provides an anti static surface once you run it over your paper. Versamark is my pad of choice, it's the clear, sticky ink that adheres the powder to the page.  I also keep an embossing pen, again by Versamark, in my stash and I'll share on video how and why I used it.


This example uses the Black Sand embossing powder with the Joy Crafts Floral Lady stamp. This powder is a mixture of textures with glittery bits and just like the name says bits that resemble sand before they are heat embossed. When you watch the video you'll also see how I created the background for her as well as embossing her on cavas as well.


The Peacock powder is grittier and has a super sheen to it.  I used an Anna Griffin embossing folder with the center sentiment omitted for the mat.  Todays video really is the place to be because not only do I emboss each color for you we make them together on screen into the cards.  Lots of information so you'll want to make sure you watch.


This is probably my favorite.  I used a Heartfelt Creations stamp for the heart on black cardstock and embossed it with the Blue Fern Antique Gold powder.  Gorgeous how it turns out, this was a perfect stamp to get all those wispy details surrounding the heart.

Thanks for stopping by, I'll leave links to the Country Craft Creations store where you can find the Blue Fern product as well as check out the craftology boxes.  I hope you'll follow the link below and watch the video as well.


From the Store

Please visit Country Craft Creations here -
you can also join the Facebook group
Scrapbookers of Country Craft Creations here - http://tinyurl.com/zhess6s
Or Coffee Talk page here - http://tinyurl.com/y8byhnel

Visit me at A Soul's Heartbeat on

No comments: