Thursday, May 28, 2015

My Friend Cards using Spellbinders Celebra'tions

a Cut at Home Design Team Project


Today I've got five card examples to share with you all using the Spellbinders Celebra'tions line.  I love this collection of papers, dies, stamps and embellishments.  It's such happy colors that just scream to be played with.  I hope you'll join me on the video to see how you can create a card with minimal papers and embellishments and still retain the WOW factor.


I'd certainly be remiss if I didn't tempt your curiosity a little with some pics of the finished cards.  I used a lot of Tim Holtz distress inks in my cards including the newest colors of Mermaid Lagoon and Abandoned Coral.


The Celebra'tions line includes paper!  And, its fantastic paper.  You can get a designer set of prints in  one of two collections, I used the Special Occasions for my cards.  The solids also come in a nifty assortment of 24 sheets giving you a taste of each color.  Or if you find you use one solid color more than the other you can purchase a package of one.  All papers are 12"x 12" and I love them because they are a great paper card making weight and I've not had them crack when scored which is a BIG plus in my book!


I was fortunate to hit JoAnns at just the right time to score some great Martha Stewart punches, I used the Deco Fan and Cathedral Lace on my cards today.  I love when I can add to my stash and still not empty my pocket book!  You can see a little twinkling of Wink of Stella clear on the strip that I wove the Celebra'tions Linen Thread through, and there's just a peek of that dotted green that comes from the Special Occasions paper collection.


When you join me on the video I'll reveal how I matched my cardstock perfectly to the new Tim Holtz Abandoned Coral ink I used on the flower.  A girls got to have some secrets doesn't she, but psssssssss I'll reveal mine but you have to come watch to see!


Lastly is just a smidge of the card I'll do start to finish and show you how less can become more and still have a WOW in it!  Thanks for joining me, links to products from the Cut at Home store below the video.  I'd love for you to comment and become a follower today, it always makes my heart soar when I see someone new has decided to follow my blog!  Have fun crafting everyone and come back soon.


~ ~ ~ Supplies ~ ~ ~

No comments: