Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sizzix Fold-A-Longs

a Cut at Home Design Team Project


This week I'm sharing cards I've made using Sizzix's Thinlits Fold-A-Long dies.  I love that you can use a die to cut and score for you.  It shortens the time so much when you don't have to figure out your measurements and just zip the die and your paper through your Big Shot!  I used the Sizzix Magnetic Platform with this.  It's just so nice when you have something you want to make sure won't shift in the process to use the Magnetic Platform.  To cut the card base you place the edge of the die on the fold of the cardstock and you certainly don't want it shifting too and fro in the cutting process.

I made two cards the one above with Graphic 45's Artisan Collection and the one below also with Graphic 45 but an older collection Curtain Call.  You only need a few sheets of 12x12" papers to make these cards (you start with a 12" x 6" piece for the base, then you need additional pieces for the decorative mats and envelope).  The cards fold to a standard A2 size so easy to slip in an envelope and mail as long as you keep your embellishments not too bulky.  In all four of these cards I've kept my embellishments to ribbon and paper only.


I hope you'll join me on the video.  I'll not only run through these cards but make another on camera and share a fourth in photos so lots of inspiration and ideas to get you motivated to make your own Fold-A-Long cards.


Supplies from the Cut at Home store:


1 comment:

Paula said...

I really like these new-to-me dies Patti, the cards are special. Hmm, you have supplies stashed away you didn't realize you had? Not me, no ma'am, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. But it's fun when you find some long forgotten thing, it's almost like shopping new.