Friday, October 4, 2013

Halloween Matchboxes

A Cut at Home Design Team Project using Bo Bunny's Fright Delight and Graphic 45's Steampunk Spells paper lines.
I took apart a matchbox that I had in the kitchen and made a template 
to create these cute little gift boxes for my Grandkids.

The first box was created with Steampunk Spells from Graphic 45.
I covered the outside and the top with the paper and used bits pieces
cut from the paper to adorn the top
The pull is a bottle cap that I added a pop out piece from the collection,
I covered it with Glossy Accents and added an amber colored pearl in the middle
I took 3 cardboard buttons and glued them together, painted them black
and added the finished bottle cap
Inside is a Love Potion bottle I found at Pier 1
The second box was decorated with Bo Bunny's Fright Delight
Paper.  I fussy cut out the little angel 3 times
Popped each layer on top of the other so she looks like she's
rising from the top of the box
Another little guy from Pier 1 sits on a bed of paper shreds.
The shreds, they're purple and black cardstock, run through my crimper
and then through my shredder, works great!
The tops is pieces again from my stash
The last box is also from Bo Bunny's Fright Delight papers
The pull here is one of the little guys cut from the paper and backed by chipboard.
I used Mod Podge to give him some sturdiness and make a great drawer pull
I fussy cut 3 of the characters out of the paper and placed them around
the bow, they're resting on a piece of cheesecloth sprayed with some black mist.

Lying inside is a little Pier 1 Dracula.  
Super cute for my Grandson

Check out my video for a step by step, with measurements on how to make these cute little
boxes for your Halloween ghouls and goblins.




2 comments:

Caroline said...

Aren't these adorable?! Came over from your post on g+, sorry I don't visit more often (life gets in the way, sadly). Always look to see what you are up to tho. These caught my eye as Steampunk was in title, lol. So much fussy cutting & detail. Really fun too :))

Scraps of Elegance said...

Oh Patti, each of these are so very creative and unique. I'm a new follower, thanks for sharing.