Thursday, April 11, 2013

Graphic 45 - 'Leftovers' Box and Cards

One of the greatest things in working with Graphic 45 papers
are the huge amount of images to play with.
I'd already finished my Date Book but had so many wonderful pieces left
I decided to decoupage a used 2# See's Chocolate box
with some of the paper's 'leftovers'



I used a Tim Holtz Library pull here.
The feet are actually the wood on wood mount stamps that
I had saved when converting them to cling.
I used Vintage Photo to stain them.

The cards are light on bulky embellishments so
they would fit nicely once the lid was closed on the box.

I wanted to add a little something to the box but 
still make it versatile to fit in a tight space

The solution is a removable Belly Band
made from burlap and secures to itself with velcro strips.  
You can see my video  
(the link is at the bottom of this post)
on how I made it and how it closes
I used the Tattered Floral dies to cut my flowers
from scraps (of course) misted them with LIndy's
to get the same old worldly look as the box

Next I made a dozen cards to fill my box 

Cards for all occasions, 
some with sentiments inside
some left blank to add the right personal touch
at the time they're sent.



 

This is one of my favorites.
I carefully cut around the baby and popped it up with a dimensional.

It just adds so much to the card

OK I couldn't resist!  Don't you just love this little guys expression?
Disgusted with the whole world!
I wondered how many young people hadn't
heard the word 'Drats' lol
(Inside reads: Sometimes life is hard, hang in there)






1 comment:

Rita Lira said...

Hello Patti, do you still have that card box with cards made by you? Would you be willing to sell them to me? You are very talented! I really like the way you use EVERYTHING to make a brand new creation, like when you used an old necklace to add to the flowers on top of the "belly band". Super ideas! ritagroberman@gmail.com