Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Graphic 45 File Folder Date Book

Working with A Place in Time paper collection
from Graphic 45 I decided to make a Date Book.
Some place where special days and moments could be
recorded and remembered.

I had a HUGE abundance of file folders we had purchased
for some long forgotten project. I thought these would
be perfect, each folder representing a month in my
Date Book.

Adding a folded tag/mat to slip in the side
pockets would give the opportunity to
add photos or memorabilia special
to that month.

Tucked in the back pocket I included
a check off Christmas list
attached by (can you guess what it is)
a hanger made from a Christmas ornament holder.

The front, spine and back were coated well with
Matte Medium to provide a strong surface to
last through many hands and many years.

To secure the book I added several ribbons
Which tie on the side

If you'd like to see a page by page view and many more
photos please check out my YouTube video below.

I will be making a tutorial on how I created this type of book,
so watch for it.


1 comment:

Rita Lira said...

I have watched your tutorial on the Graphic 45 file folder day book, TWICE! I love it. I hope to make one too. But I am waiting for your tutorial on HOW TO CONSTRUCT THE BOOK, how to attach the file folders to the spine. PLEASE let me know so I can get started. My email is: ritagroberman@gmail.com Thank you very much! ~ Rita