Friday, January 21, 2011

Momma

Dear Friends, for those of you who have followed my blogs over the years you've come to know my Momma through things I've written, Pages I've done, cards I've made.  Momma passed away on Tuesday, very peacefully and with many friends and family near her.  I will be with my family until February so my posts will be very far and few between for the next month.  Thank you all for all the love and kind words you've offered about this remarkable lady.   And for you new to my blog, Momma would have been 100 on July 10th.  The night before she went to Hospice she still sat at her computer and played Scrabble for 45 minutes.  She never complained, never said a harsh word about anyone and always had time for you.  A truly genuine lovely lady!

Update 1/30/2011 - The Daily News, the local paper in my hometown, ran a wonderful aritcle about my Momma in today's paper it's here if you care to look.

6 comments:

Stef H said...

oh patti... i'm so very sorry. you will be in my prayers.

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

This was one amazing lady....even though I didn't know her personally...I felt I knew her through you Patti...and she was a precious lady. I am so sorry for your loss...but wow...99..what a life she had...now its God's turn.
Love you....

Vicky said...

My dear friend Patti, although we are so far away I want you to know that I have you in my heart and I am so very sorry for your loss. She was an amazing woman. I am sending you a big hug.

Annel & Steve said...

Patti so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. she did sound like a amazing woman. and 99 years here on earth wow. <<< Hugs>>> to you and your family during this time.
God Bless, Annel

Kristie W. said...

Oh Patti, I am so very sorry to read your Momma passed away. I know how very special she was to you. Sending lots of love and hugs your way.

Vicky said...

My dear Patti, I just saw the update you posted about the article. So very thankful for that link. You mother can inspire us all, she is a wonderful person and I am sure she is taking care of all her family from above.