Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wait!! Don't Throw That Away!

You know this card business can become obsesive! We went to Costco this afternoon and the other half bought a jug of peanuts. When he opened the lid and peeled the perfectly clean seal off, I said 'don't toss that in the garbage I can put it through my Cuttlebug'. Well I think he's getting used to these statements, he just calmly handed it over. It was a perfect circle and backed by a heavy weight white glossy back. It went through the Cuttlebug like butter and the embossing was deep and nice.


I cut a half inch slit all around the perimeter and wove a ribbon through it, added some pop dots and adhered it to the front of my card. The cardstock is from the new DCWV Holiday Collection. I embossed a couple of snowflakes from a set of Christmas Memory Makers stamps on the front, inked the edges and added a square of paper inside. I cut a strip of the cardstock and ran it through my Bug with the snowflake embossing folder and added it to the bottom of the inside.

I like how my trash to treasure turned out!!

10 comments:

Deloriis said...

Oh Patti.....WOW I am impresed...I love to find things people have never thought of using before...what a great card by a great artist...love it...Hugs Deloris

Anonymous said...

Oh my..Patti..this is so pretty..and how creative you are. I think I am craving some nuts...lol....

Chrystal S said...

Patti! It's just beautiful! :)

Carol's Crafts said...

Man, that looks good. I wouldn't
have ever thought of doing that.

Anonymous said...

Patti, this turned out great! I also love how you used the ribbon...
Awesome trash to treasure!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Girl....that looks AWESOME!!!!! ROFL...our hubby's just learn to agree....Hehehehe!!!

Sherri Auld said...

Wow, that is truly beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Diann said...

I love this! It turned out lovely and I just love the added ribbon around the embossed lid! Diann

Dorothy said...

Very clever!!

Dorothy said...

Very clever!