Monday, November 9, 2009

Tin Foil Embossing

I had seen a video where they embossed using tin foil

Since all I had on had was a roll of kitchen foil I decided to try it. It's pretty thin, heavy weight would have been much better. After embossing I lightly rubbed it with one of my cats eye inks and then buffed it a little so it settled mostly in the nooks and crannies.


The snowflake is a set of stamps I got, they're from Memory Makers. I stamped each size with Versamark on purple cardstock and then Heat embossed. When cutting them out I left an edge of the purple paper around the outer edges. I punched a hole in the middle, alternated the points and added a brad.

Love the look but want to try it again with the heavy duty foil. Someone said today you can use a pop can and emboss the inside. Hmmmm I'll have to try that as well.



1 comment:

Angie said...

I love your cards!! Can you tell me what stamp the Merry Christmas on the inside of the card came from? It's gorgeous! Loved the tinfoil emboss too. I'm to nervous to try it. It just seems too delicate.
Angie