Sunday, July 28, 2019

Crafty City Design Team Summer Mini

Hello everyone, I'm back today with a new Design Team Project for Crafty City using the Summer Blush Kit.  This fun kit includes beautiful decorative papers from Blue Fern's Blush Collection as well as bright, lovely flowers from Prima.  Also included are some soft blue buttons from LemonCraft.  When you watch the video you'll see I used all the packaging materials from the flowers and buttons as well.  Since this kit has only 8 designer sheets I supplemented the designer with solid Bazzill Smoothie cardstock.  


This is an 8"x9"x3" mini with a chipboard outer and a four page inner.  The pages expand and open to reveal lots of places to place photos in size from the smallest Instagram or Iphone photo to large 5"x7".


The front cover has this gorgeous double frame, included in the kit, from Scrapiniec.  I used several kinds of Glimmer mists, along with white Gesso and Deco Art Glitter Paint to bring it to life.  The top left is free to insert your own photo behind the acrylic liner.  I've shared this lovely heritage photo of my Grandma and my Aunt so you can get an idea of what it would look like with your personal photo.  The frame has been decorated with an assortment of embellishments and flowers both from the kit and my own stash.  The butterflies were metal and I again covered them with white Gesso and after they were dry brought out the colors of the kit with my own sprays, inks and paints.


Here's some snapshots of the page spreads, you can check out the Crafty City Blog post for a much more extensive review or better yet hop on over to YouTube and watch the cover to cover walk through.  There will be a tutorial series following sharing how to construct the pages and some decorating ideas.





Find A Soul's Heartbeat at

2 comments:

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

You do such GORGEOUS work! I'm always in awe!!!!!

Lagene said...

Gorgeous creation!