Monday, October 8, 2018

Authentique Solitude Leftovers to Cards

a Country Craft Creations project share 

Well if you're a regular visitor to my Blog, YouTube or any of my social media outlets you know I've been trying to stay in the habit of using up my scraps before I store them away.  This time it was with Authentique's Solitude collection, a wonderful assortment of very vintage Christmas designs and images.  I had so little paper scraps left I had assumed I'd only have a couple of cards to share with you.  As happens lots of time the scraps grew and I ended up with twelve Christmas cards and still a few designs left for maybe three more.


This was the first card I made and wow do I love it.  Super simple, super elegant and something I'd love to share with anyone.  This one was larger because the image is 4x6", all the rest are 4 x 5.5".


On the video (the link is at the bottom of this post) I'm going to give you three examples of perhaps making a card a little differently than you usually do. I'll share all the cards I made to give you loads of food for thought and hopefully inspire you to look at and use up your scraps into cards.  On this particular card I fussy cut the little girl out of the mat.  Popped both the mat and the little girl on scraps of chipboard, or a couple of sheets of scrap cardstock work well too.  I then added the ribbon and bow and glued the girl back into the design.  Now she's dimensional!  To hide where I snipped the border to get to her I've added one of my snowflake clusters.  Easy Peasy!



The next idea, well there's no two ways about it, I'm going to be an enabler and tell you if you don't already have a branch punch in your crafty stash you need to invest in one.  Mine is an older pine bough punch by Martha Stewart.  All your little scraps can be punched to make a lovely wreath like the one shown here.  The scrap only has to be as wide as the widest part of the branches, which is pretty small.  It takes a bit of time to punch them all but I love the visual it provides!  I've also included some of these same branches around the fussy cut robin on this card.  It will add so much punch to your cards if you add them here and there.


OK the last idea I'm sharing here is using the negative space to create a card.  I had punched out the snowflakes and I was left with this beautiful negative space image of a snowflake.  I added an acetate pocket behind and filled it with sequins and shiny bits and glued a backing on it. Voila instant shaker card.  Across the middle is the punched snowflake with of course some shiny Stickles added to it. The small photos show the negative space cutting to add just a small border around to form another snowflake (on the left above) and the dimension of the altered negative space (on the right).


So come and join me on the video and see the other cards I created.  
As always, thank you so much for stopping by.  
I really love when you visit!
Patti


Please visit Country Craft Creations here -
you can also join the Facebook group
which will provide you with an unending stream of creativity, tutorials and friendship

 Visit me at A Soul’s Heartbeat on BloggerFacebookYouTubePinterest and Instagram


No comments: