Thursday, December 12, 2013

Frosty Blanket Cards

 A Cut@Home Design Team Project

Still have some cards to make?  Perhaps you can do what I did here, take a focal point from your paper, I used Heartfelt Creations - Frosty Blanket Collection.  Find part of the paper that draws you, in this instance it was this gorgeous door and then build your card on that.  I actually have only two layers on the card base, the decorative paper and a brown mat.  By taking the photo of the door, that's printed on the decorative paper, you can expand you card to any degree of fussy.  
I embellished with Martha Stewart's Pine Branch Punch over the top of the printed branches, just following their curve around the door.  Adding snow, in my case, Aleene's Snow Glitter (it looks like toothpaste and dries hard) and some tinsel glitter I've made the snow dimensional.
I added some fussy cut flower papers, a few pine branches, and some snow to the wreath that was already on the door and finished the card with a pearl for the door handle.
Again the inside is the beautiful decorative paper with a simple 
embossed Merry Christmas on it.

So check out your decorative papers today and see what focal points you can use to build up your last minute Christmas Cards.  I love this Frost Blanket Collection and as you watch the video you'll see 3 other examples of how to dress up the paper into wonderful cards.






No comments: