Tuesday, November 30, 2010

SPECIAL

I made this for a friend's birthday.  I thought it had a real masculine feel about it and that's what I wanted.  I saw one similar in the June 2010 CARDS magazine.  I loved the idea of using the eyelets as embellishments.  I so seldom use eyelets and yet I really like the look of them
The 'special' is a JoAnn Essentials which came in six pack of metal embellishments.  I used Versamark and black embossing powder.  This is the first time I've tried embossing powder on something like this and it worked so cool (except it got pretty hot and I really warmed up my fingertip).

I Distress Inked  the inside papers with Frayed Burlap and ran them (plain white printer paper with sentiment printed) through my crinkle crimper.  Another thing I rarely use but I sure do like the effect.  I also used it on the front mat paper of the world map.

No comments: