Sunday, June 16, 2019

Lovely Collaboration with Arteza


Arteza kindly has given me products to review and play with.  I was so excited to try them, they are the first I've had although many friends have tried them and I've heard nothing but good.  Today I'm sharing some 'Puddling' cards I've made using the water colors.  Arteza sent me the set of 60 Water Color tubes, 3 spiral pads of watercolor paper, a pack of 6 water brushes and a set of 12 fineline black markers.  Perfect things for a cardmaker.


I call these Puddling cards because that's what I do, puddle the ink with water onto my card letting it pool and run until I've achieved the look I like.  There's no great talent, no hard to learn technique, it's just having fun with the colors until you say, oh that's nice and stop.

I used the Arteza Watercolor Pads to make my card bases.  The paper measures 5.5" x 8.5", comes spiral bound 30 sheets to a pad and is perforated for easy removal.  So that's what I did, I simply removed the paper from the spiral pad and snipped off the perforated edge.  I scored in the middle and instantly had an A-2 sized card to play with, easy peasy.


On video (link is below) I'll share how I made two different types of card, it's just a matter of swiping the ink across your card base, spritzing with water and drying to the effect you like.  I did add some additional interest by scoring 1/2" around the edges inside and out.  I think the hardest part is trying to decide which colors to use and when to quit playing.


Besides the two cards I actually show the process of making on the video I also include several examples like this one to spur your imagination and get you thinking of what you could make yourself.  I used an embossing folder after I'd finished my color combination.  Adding the sentiment to the top was perfect after I splashed it with some flecks of color and added a deeper blend of the orange to the edge.


Finishing the inside was also a super simple process using a wash of the colors from the front to create just a splash of color on the inside where my greeting will go.  Again I used my score board to create 1/8" groves along the edge.  


Please visit Arteza here - 

For 10% off please use the code Heartbeat10 this will be good until July 14, 2019

USA Link* -

UK Link* -


*Please note! - I do receive a small stipend from Arteza for you clicking through and buying from my personal links.  This in no way affects the price you pay.

Find A Soul's Heartbeat at



1 comment:

Lagene said...

Awesome backgrounds!