Sunday, July 15, 2018

Side Swing Mini using Authentique's Jingle Collection

a Country Craft Creations Design Team Prochject

It's always fun to create something new and fresh that no one else has done.  Today I'm introducing my new Side Swing Mini.  It's an 8" square mini with the front split into two sections each 4"x8" which swing in opposite directions to open.


I will be uploading a compete tutorial playlist walking you through the construction of the Side Swing Mini along with decorating each of the pages.  This mini incorporates two hinges one on each of the mini sides.  The hinges are 2" wide and house 3 pages.  The pages alternate side to side on top of one another.  


I've added 3 waterfalls to this mini, two are horizontal and one vertical  The horizontal ones will house 3"x4" photos 7 if you only use the one side double if you use both.  All three close with a magnetic strap. The vertical waterfall houses slightly smaller photos and has 4 flaps and the base photo mat.


This mini has lots of pockets holding mini booklets to showcase your photos.  The collection has darling cut aparts and elements to make your pages pop with Christmas happiness.


I used Artisan red cardstock for the base of the book (along with medium weight chipboard for the book construction).  The red is a great compliment to the colors in the collection.  I also used some Artisan Kraft and the green from the older 6" pad of Graphic 45's Patterns and Solids from the Home Sweet Home collection that was gifted to me from my friend Cheryl.


I'm not a good Washi tape user but my friend Paula had gifted me a roll of red glitter Washi tape some time ago and it was perfect to give some sparkle here and there.  I must admit I erred on the side of caution and glued them as well with my trusty Art Glitter Glue (also available in the CCC store).


If you've followed my projects for a while you know I like to see if I can use up the collection.  This time I have to share I even used (a lot) of the Jingle cover sheet which has the small pics of all the papers).  The Jingle above is from the header on that cover sheet, it made a perfect flag pennant for this page along with some mini clothes pins in red and green.  The  horizontal flag with the sentiment is the topper on each of the collections papers.  I use those quite often as well.

I hope you'll join me on the video for a complete walk through of this video. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, see you on the video.


The complete series sharing how to make this mini 
from start to finish is on 
the video playlist link below.
(I am in the process of uploading videos daily, please be patient I will get them all there ASAP.)

Video Tutorial Playlist

Please visit Country Craft Creations here -
you can also join the Facebook groups

Visit me at A Soul's Heartbeat on


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow what a beautiful album, someone will be thrilled to get this, looking forward to your tutorial and maybe try to create one also. Thank you, Patti, Authentique is an amazing company with awesome designers that create wonderful projects as you have.

mistysmom said...

Patti, your book is amazing! Thank you for sharing!

Ruthie's Girl Designs said...

Always a pleasure! Inspirational design!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to make this!! Love it so much, I might have to make 2 one to give and one to keep!! Is the artisanal red an exact match to the red in collection?