Thursday, June 21, 2018

Using the Scraps - Authentique's Meadow - Note List Holders

a Country Craft Creations Design Team Project


Today I have a fast and simple, use up your scraps, idea.  I'm using the remains of the Authentique Meadow collection.  I am always looking for note pads to write stuff on, I know it's the dawn of the techno age, cell phones, instant messages and all writing digital.  Well I like to pull out my trusty pen and paper and jot stuff down.  Thus was born today's project, using the scraps to make these nifty list pads.  You'll find it's a great way to use up the remains after the main projects been made.  And, as a bonus, you'll have some neat tuck in gifts just waiting for the right moment and the right person.


I had several 4" x 12" scraps of the Artisan cardstock after I'd finished my mini and they are the perfect size for a stack of paper.  My niece had gifted me with some old, decorative paper, copy paper weight, which I'd been wanting to find a home for.  A perfect marriage, the scraps and the paper!


I'm going to share one step by step process on the video, complete with a goober and a makeover.  The best kind of video in my estimate.  That way you get to see not all things turn our perfect, and often the mistakes lead to the best outcomes.  Which was the case this time.


To make these cute note/list pads you're going to need some heavier weight cardstock, like the Artisan, some light weight chipboard, even one or two layers of a cereal box might do the trick, and scraps (paper, ribbon, bling all kinds of scraps, dig them out and use them up!)

 

If you're one of my followers/viewers you've seen me paper piece mats before, and that's exactly what I did here, using up all those bits and pieces of paper.


The insides were also decorated, here I wrapped the outer jacket with two pieces of 6x6" paper that I pieced together.  I took an older EK Success border punch, Scalloped Scallop, and ran it down both sides, inked the edges and tucked the excess 1" to the inside on both sides.  It really gives a nice finish.  A few stickers from the sticker sheet and this ones done.


This is the one we'll be making on the video, so come on over and watch and see if you'd like to use up some of your scraps this way!


Please visit Country Craft Creations here -
you can also join the Facebook groups

Visit me at A Soul's Heartbeat on







1 comment:

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Great idea Patti!!! Love these. I too always jot things down on paper, and then I have pieces of paper all over the place and when I'm looking for something I KNOW I wrote down, then I can't find it. I even try using little notebooks, but that doesn't work either. My best spot for notes is a pad I keep on the fridge. I keep notes clipped together in my craftroom, for things I want to make, blog about or buy. Good old paper.. and pretty paper is even better! I watch ALL of your videos but watch them on my TV so seldom comment.. but I'm there always watching! Love your work!!! Marilyn