Monday, March 7, 2016

Blue Fern Studios Autumn Anthology LOVE mini

Guest Design Spot for Country Craft Creations

This mini is for sale
USA only
Pay Pal only 
$45 plus shipping
please email me at northwestlady@gmail.com


Here's a new mini using Blue Fern Studios Autumn Anthology gifted to me by the very generous and sweet Tammy Merrill of Country Craft Creations.   The base of the mini is a chipboard word album from Kaisercraft which spells the word LOVE.   Each page was cut from the decorative paper to fit the letter and then sanded completely around all the little nooks and crannies to give a very smooth line to the edges.


The mini measures 4" x 9" not including the ribbon ties. Here's the first letter "L" which holds a tiny wooden clothespin and ephemera from the collection.  I painted the clothespin and all the edges of the mini with Tim Holtz Distress Paint and Ink in Victorian Velvet.  The perfect color accompaniment with this paper.


The front of the "O" has two tiny hearts snipped from the gorgeous ivory Heart Lace. I also hung a Bronze Birdcage charm around the outer portion of the O with some seam binding.  I had tea dyed the seam binding but in order to get the pink for the mini I brushed over it with the Victorian Velvet ink pad, it adds just enough here and there to work nicely with the pages.


Here's the back of the "O", there is a clock dangling in the distance on the left.  On the right is a fussy cut book and perfume bottle which I left open to allow the little tuck ins from above.


The "V" page is this gorgeous typewriter.  I wasn't thinking when I glued my mats, I should have used unadorned decorative paper for the back and then the fussy cut image over top.  Luckily Tammy sent me two of each design so I was able to retrieve the typewriter and flowers with the addition of the added fussy cut piece on top.  A waste of pretty paper underneath though, I wish I had thought of it before I glued everything down.  I've used some cut outs from the paper which measure about 3" x 4" for the photo mats.


Here's the back side of the "V", I'm so happy with how this turned out. The bow and ribbon with flowers are individual pieces cut from the paper.  There are actually five cuts to make this.  It looks like it was printed on the paper doesn't it?  I added Gold Wink of Stella over the top for a nice shimmer.  The bottom again are fussy cut pieces from the paper which form a narrow pocket just the right size for two more photo mats to tuck in.


The "E" page is purple, sigh, my favorite.  I cut an extra pansy cluster from the paper for the middle of the E and kept the left edge free so you could tuck in a photo.  The Bronze Puzzle Key is also from the store.


Here's the rest of the "E" page with a pocket for the photo tags. and you can again see the extra pansy cluster.


The back I left plain except for a strip of flat back pearls across the bottom.  I wanted room for a large photo or some journaling.  And how do you cover this paper up!


Come join me on the video I'll walk you through the pages and show you all the little tuck ins here and there throughout.


~ Supplies from Country Craft Creations ~

No comments: