Thursday, July 2, 2015

Gift box, note paper and card

a Meg's Garden Design Team Project


Today I'm sharing a gift box, note papers and a card all made with luscious goodies from Meg's Garden store.  I had a gift set that I took apart, painted with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Seedless Preserves and Chipped Sapphire mixed together they create a beautiful deep purple.  I added all the yummy flowers and extras to make it my own personalized gift.  I love these paper roses from Megs, especially the purple ones, and the pink and white gardenias went so well tucked in alongside. 


On the note paper belly band I dipped a white gardenia into a watered down solution of the mixed distress ink to get this pretty purple/lavender to match the paper.  I tucked another of the acetate butterflies in.  To get the look the butterfly is floating you leave a tab of the acetate on when you fussy cut them from the sheet and score, fold and glue the tab behind the flowers.  I love how this looks.


All gifts need to include a special card and I took bits and pieces of the scraps from several of Meg's paper collections to make mine.  I know I'm evil and have only given you snippets of my project, that's because I want you to join me on the video to see the rest of it.  Thanks so much for visiting me, please take a moment to leave a comment and subscribe.


Supplies from Meg's Garden


1 comment:

Paula said...

those paper doily strips remind me of something.......back in the dark ages (the 50's, LOL) there was a product available to line the edges of shelves in the kitchen, some of it was lacy looking like that. Do you remember?