Thursday, January 15, 2015

Note Cards Tucked in a Gift Box

a Meg's Garden Design Team Project

Remember back not to long ago when I told you I wasn't a hoarder?  Well please keep that in mind when I share what today's project is.  A couple of years ago I bought Paul a watch and the outer box it came in was so neat, it had these super flaps that tucked in to close. Well I've moved that box here, there and most everywhere but always making sure it got kept, I knew one day (that's today by the way) I'd be so glad I had it!


The box transformed from the plain white into this lovely gift box I'll be happy to share with any of my family or friends.  I covered the box, inside and out with papers from the French Garden Collection, a paper line designed exclusively for Meg's Garden by designer Denise Boddy. Gorgeous papers filled with flowers and leaves and lovely design details. On the top, cascading down the front, are Open Paper Roses from Meg's Garden, aren't they lovely?   I tucked in a couple of lilies from the store I'd dabbed with a touch of Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet.


Inside is a set of eight 3 1/2" square note cards with envelopes.  I tied them with ribbon and lace to make a pretty little bundle when you lift the lid.  I purposely left the note cards blank and made sentiment cards that can be chosen at the time and glued to the inside.  I also made some round stickers from the paper using my Xyron sticker maker to close the envelopes when all done.

I hope you'll join me on the video, I'll walk through the box and cards, show you more of the naked box and envelopes and finish with lots of still photos to help inspire you to alter those boxes you've been hoarding too!



Supplies from Meg's Garden -

4 comments:

Lagene said...

So glad you kept that box and shared how you transformed it! Gorgeous!

Paula said...

Oh Patti, this is so pretty I had to leave you comments here, there (youtube) and everywhere (I liked it on Facebook). You say you are not a hoarder, but I will admit to a box of "things" in the garage that I am saving to use someday.

Trish said...

What a stunning creation,gorgeous work!

Penny Duncan said...

Oh my word!!!! This is stunning!!!! It has been ages since I actually played and this is really making me want to get inky again!!!