Thursday, May 22, 2014

JustRite Stampers Coffee Cup Cards

a Cut at Home Design Team Project



Today I'm sharing a pair of cards using JustRite Stampers Coffee Cup Stamp set and on the front their Vintage Labels Five to create the stacked cup effect.  By using 3 of the 4 dies and then using a single layer of foam on the second layer and a double layer of foam the large outer layer you get this great dimensional element for effect. 

I used my water brush and various Tim Holtz distress inks to paint the cup and saucer onto Strathmore Watercolor paper, 90# (190 gsm).  This was a pad of paper I'd gotten for an art class and it was gathering dust in the craft closet.  Wonderful weight and feel to make a card with!  


I have a real thing about finishing the inside of my cards, it just makes me happy.  I used Kaisercraft's Storyteller 6 1/2" paper pad to do the matting on the front and inside. To mat my sentiment (Penny Black's Special Wishes stamp set) I used JustRite's Vintage Labels Six Dies and finished the side off with a flourish cut from Marianne Designs Vintage Swirls.  


What do you think of my stencil work?  Looks just like the Vintage Swirls doesn't it?  I took the negative space that remained when I cut my flourishes out and pounced some ColorBox Craft ink through the openings to create these gorgeous stencils here and a single one on the back.  I cut the flourishes with the leftovers from the card base so it's that same luscious watercolor paper and quite substantial so I think it will hold up to many future uses.  So STOP.... don't throw those negative spaces away stick them back to create your own stencils!

I hope you liked my cards and will give these dies and stamps a try.  I'll show you a step by step of how to make the other card (shown in the first photo above) in my video below.  I'd also like to give a shout out and special thanks to fellow YouTuber Zroby Sama for sharing her video Stamping with Spellbinders Dies. I'll share this technique with you in the video.


Thanks for sharing your time with me, I hope you'll subscribe to my blog, check out my other videos on YouTube and  visit A Soul's Heartbeat on Facebook!

~~~~SUPPLIES~~~~


1 comment:

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful cards Patti and great tutorial.