Friday, November 15, 2013

Pink Poinsettias

I've been working with the Frosty Blanket Collection from Heartfelt Creations and playing with different combinations of my Spellbinders dies.  This is one of the Christmas Cards I came up with, well actually two cards with a few variations.
I grouped together Spellbinders Shapeabilities Lattice Pendents die with the Nestabilities Filigree Delight die on the left and then stamped JustRight's sentiment from their Christmas Inner Thoughts collection with gold embossing powder.  I also used the same powder on the Heartfelt Creations Christmas Sentiment Circle Stamp on the right.  These stamp sets produce crisp, clear embossing and that's exactly what I want especially when I'm doing sentiments.  On the left side card I grouped Spellbinders Doily Heart Circle over the top of one of the outer dies from the Fascinations die set. 

The papers from the collection actually don't have pink in them but by gently dabbing with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet distress ink you can get those Pink Poinsettias!  I also died my Snug Bug white seam binding pink with it.  It takes some fussy cutting, some pinching and shaping to create the individual flowers to decorate the card inside and out.  But it's oh so worth it!  I just added some gold Stickles to give the flowers that holiday zing.

Check out my video if you'd like to see step by step the process of making the card on the left above.  I've also included some additions photos of both cards.  I hope this has inspired you to snip, crimp and shape you paper as never before and give some dimension to your Holiday cards as well!

Pink Poinsettias!

Supplies!


No comments: