Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Simple Gift - Notepad Holders

A Cut@Home Design Team Project:

It's getting to be that time of year isn't it.  With Fall comes the realization that Christmas is peeking just around the corner.  Isn't it nice to have a stash of inexpensive gifts you can give?  Or what about the rest of the year when you need that quick birthday gift?  Well I've got just the project for you!  It's made with inexpensive note pads, or you can do as I did and make the paper inserts yourself with colored copy weight paper.
I used Bo Bunny's 'The Avenues' collection and Heartfelt Creations 'Daphne' collection for my decorative paper and 12x12 black or kraft cardstock.  You actually only need one sheet of each a few pieces of bling, flowers, etc from your stash.

After watching my YouTube video (link at the bottom of the post) you'll have all the step-by-step directions you need to make these simple folders to hold the paper pads.  The paper in the folder above is Bo Bunny's The Avenue's Collection, isn't it stunning?  

This one's created with the Daphne Collection from Heartfelt Creations.  Oh how I love their papers, always so soft and elegant looking.  As you follow along on the video you'll see this is the one I show you the complete process.  You'll notice that I add a flower to the inside and some stickles and glossy accents to give it more zing.  The possibilities are literally endless depending on the paper and the embellishments you use.

Have fun creating your own notepad holders, and when you're finished I'd love to have a look-see at what you've done!
Supplies:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They look fabulous Patti! I think I might give a go at them, they are just perfect for the office.

Anonymous said...

These are georgous! Will you tell us the size of the pads that fit inside?

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

These measure 4 1/2"x 7 1/2" Thanks for watching!

Creative Juice by Loni said...

Love the vintage style! Your crafting is breathtaking :)

kalskustoms said...

I am new to paper crafting and came across your you tube channel, you have given me such inspiration, your work is just beautiful. many thanks