Thursday, April 8, 2021

Ephemera Notebook Holder

Hello Crafty Friends!  I'm sharing today a digital downloadable kit my friend Manuela (Bunny Bow) designed to house your bits and pieces of Ephemera.  Oh I'm loving the design.  When you're done you simply put them on your shelf, like a book, for storage.  Super cool and they house so many pieces I had floating all around my craft room.  I need about 10 more I think.

This is the second book I made. Since I planned on housing my Tim Holtz paper dolls and such it was the perfect choice of paper  and fabric (thank you Whitney Kosters for the fabric strips they were just what I needed!)   



I was trying to use up the odds and ends of this one paper line and didn't have enough left to cover the inside front and back covers.  So, as any good crafter would do, I collaged torn bits and pieces together, I love the look.  I may go back and add an additional pocket to each inside piece for even more room.


My daughter was kind enough to gift me my Granddaughters old sewing machine which had been hanging out in her attic for the past few years.  Yeah!  I got to stitch each of the pages together using those fabric strips from Whitney.  Never fear though, if you don't have a sewing machine you could just use a strong bond glue like Beacon's 3-in-1 or Fabri Tac.  I love the look of the stitching though.



Besides the envelope pages (which are two envelopes you make and hinge together with the fabric) there are also pocket pages done the same way with the fabric hinges.  On the first book I did it the way Manuela did in her examples by taking the four pocket pages and hinging them all together.  They then slip over the elastic cording in the spine.  This book though I only hinged two pages together and slipped each over one of the cordings.  For me this seemed to work better and not have as much bulk.  It's your book you figure out what works best for you and go with it.


Manuela did a great job of designing this Ephemera Holder.  I'll leave links to the digital download below, my video walkthrough and her video instructions.  I'll have two video uploads shortly on YouTube sharing my own process how tos.

Thanks for stopping by and I do hope you'll not only check out the videos but check out Manuela's stores and YouTube. Leave her a comment and tell her Patti sent you!


Manuela's links to her Envelope Ephemera Holder Book
Discount code for 10% off - Patti_BB146 (good only in store not Etsy)

Visit me at A Soul's Heartbeat on 






No comments: