Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Dresser Drawer Boxes

a Cut at Home Design Team Project


Today I've got a wide assortment of inspiration for you all cut from Sizzix's new BIGZ XL die Box with Drawers.  I just love how different each looks from the change of papers and embellishments.  


Each year I try to find something small and cute to make up for Christmas presents for my neighbors and I think I've found what I'll be making this year.  Here I've used Graphic 45's newest collection A Christmas Carol.  All I need now is to decide what sweet treats I'll fill each drawer with.

I like to have things on hands to give to friends as well and wouldn't this work well for a thank you or Happy Birthday?  Filling the drawers with some money for my teen aged Granddaughters wouldn't be a bad idea either.

The drawers measure a tad over 2 inches square x 3/4" high so in total the case is just shy of 3 1/2" .  You can use any paper collection to decorate the drawers inside and out and line the inner and outer case to hold them in. 
With just bits and bobs of lace, bling, flowers and trinkets you're sure to have just what you need for the top as well.  I used Spellbinders Coredina'tions Celebrations Whirl White and Cuddle Cream for my base and drawers.

The possibilities are really endless with just a little imagination.   With these drawers I misted them with 3 of Tim Hotz's newest colors, Cracked Pistachio, Fossilized Amber and Abandoned Coral, great color combos.

I hope you'll be inspired to make your own boxes real soon!


On today's video I'll share the tips and tricks I discovered while making my boxes, the sizes you'll need to cut to mat everything and loads more photos.  Thanks for joining me everyone.


Supplies from the Cut at Home store: 
660312: Sizzix BIGZ XL Die Box With Drawers  
658300: Sizzix Big Shot Starter Pak 
656159: Sizzix Premium Crease Pad  
657267: Sizzix Extender Plates  
4501195: Graphic 45 A Christmas Carol 12"x12" Pad  
SCP014: Spellbinders Celebra'tions Cuddle Cream 12"x12" Paper 
SCP013: Spellbinders Celebra'tions Whirl White 12"x12" Paper  
ACP6SG: Angel Craft Semi-Gloss Podge


.

1 comment:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Oh my goodness .. these little boxes are sooo cute!!! I love them!! What a brilliant gift idea and they are totally gorgeous!!! Thoroughly enjoyed the video too!! Beautiful work as always Patti!! xx