Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sherlock's Journal

a Meg's Garden Design Team Project

Hi everyone today I'm bring you something new for me.  I love learning new techniques and making a new type of project and I've got a great combo of this for you.



To create my journal I got to play with Kerry-Jean Watson's newest creation 'The Sherlock Book' designed exclusively for Meg's Garden.  The journal collection of papers can be purchased in print form or downloaded in digital.  I've used the print edition here.


I've used not only the printed designer papers from the collection but also an assortment of cardstock that I have tea-dyed, stained, stenciled and inked to complement the printed pages.  I backed each decorative page with my cardstock which gives a two-fold result, first it strengthens the pages and secondly it extends your designer papers.


You get a lovely selection of tuck ins, envelopes, tags etc with the collection, just cut, ink and glue to embellished your mini/journal.

At the beginning of this post I told you I was trying two new things, first was a printed journal and second was creating a binding with no glue!  This is a stitched bound journal. I searched YouTube for some tutorials and was most fortunate to run across Sea Lemon's Long Stitch Binding Tutorial.  I not only feel it was a find to run across the perfect binding tutorial but also to find a YouTube channel that's new to me and offers so much, I hope you'll check her out.

Please come join me on my video where I'll walk you through each page, give you a short glimpse of what I started with and inspire you with many more photos.



~~~Supplies~~~



1 comment:

Paula said...

a very unique book Patti. I love the cover.