Thursday, July 24, 2014

Celebrate the Journey with a Hot Air Balloon Mini!

a Cut at Home Design Team Project

Paul and I have been so fortunate to see five different Hot Air Balloon festivals up close and personal.  I love standing next to a balloon and watching it fill with air and take off. Each time I get the same feeling of awe, it's just something when you can reach out and touch the balloon as it rises into the air!  Like lots of you I still have all the pictures sitting on my hard drive!  They don't do a whole lot of good there do they?


When I got Heartfelt Creations, Celebrate the Journey, paper collection I knew right then and there that I had to do a mini to house my Hot Air Balloon photos and memories.  It was by sheer luck that I happened to watch a video of SaCrafters sharing some of her new Zibbett items.  She had just released the Hot Air Balloon mini cut from chipboard to alter!  I couldn't wait to get it.  And I'm so happy I did!  I had so much fun putting this mini together, it's the first time I've done a shaped one like this and I loved it! I have another one bouncing around in my brain that I know I'm going to have to do as well.


Adding this cool wooden sign post was the perfect solution to labeling the festivals we went to.  I figured out the mileage from our doorstep to the Hot Air Balloon destinations, printed them on my computer and then mod-podged them onto the wooden sign.  Adding distress inks and Lindy's sprays gave it that old worn look.


I used Tim Holtz grungeboard and a hitch fastener to close the top


And my Cinch with jute twine for the bottom closure


There are tuck ins


flipouts


foldups


and pullouts

All of these house a multitude of photos, 
enough that I'm sure I'll be able to cover all five events without a problem!


So I hope you'll join me on the video as I walk you through page by page
and share scads of additional photos
to inspire YOU
to also create a shaped mini for yourself!


Supplies:


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very, very nice album. :)) Alena

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! Another awesome project from you.