Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spellbinders Create-a-Lily Cards

a Cut at Home Design Team Project


This week I'm back with another flower card made with Spellbinders Die D-Lites Create-a-Lily dies.  I used Tim Holtz Wallflower paper collection for the base and inside of the card.  I wasn't sure how to do the centers so I pulled up Google Images and searched for Lilies, great inspiration.  Adding just a few metal pieces a stickpin and some lace finishes off the front of the card with room inside to write a personal message to the recipient.


Changing the color of the flower certainly changes the total look.  This time I cut the petals from pink cardstock, used a dark brown for the dots marking the petals and inking the edges with white pigment ink.  I used Spellbinders French Harmony die for the mat under the flower.  Dying white seam binding with pink distress ink gives just the right finish to the stem of the flower with room behind to tuck in a flower spray and stick pin from my stash.


These aren't something you'd want to make in mass production but the time you spend creating will be well worth it once you hold the finished embellishment in your hand.  Perfect for your cards, as I show here, or on any other project you might be creating.

Check out my video below to see how to make a yellow lily step-by-step.


Supplies:


3 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

This is gorgeous Patti. I love the lily.

Cherie said...

Wow! Your lily cards are gorgeous! Certainly well worth the time it takes to make them. I'm curious as to how you would mail these? Tks!

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

Hi Cherie, these cards would need to be in a padded envelope or box to mail.