Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Advent Boxes

For each of my four youngest grandchildren I made a Kaisercraft Beyond the Page Advent Calendar.  I absolutely loved making these, Kaisercraft sends you everything you'll need to assemble the box and drawers.  There are 24 drawers, one for each day leading up to Christmas and then I tucked a special envelope with 25 on it in the middle.  They'll get to open one drawer each day to discover a candy, gift or money.  I'm anxious to hear their feelings about having a gift from Grandma each day of December.

You can follow along and watch how I assembled and covered the little drawers in the first video

And see the finished boxes in the second video


I printed out directions for opening the little drawers onto Kraft Cardstock and attached it to a full 12x12 decorative paper from the Warm Wishes or Snowy Days collections from Recollections.


  I covered each page in clear contact paper, added
ATG glue to the back and attached them to the tops of the storage boxes.


Each Advent Calendar fix just perfectly in these Art Bin boxes from JoAnns
And having a handle to pick them up by is the perfect touch for storing until the next year.

Each middle of the calendar was filled with a background paper scene
some ornaments from JoAnns and Michales, little chipboard pieces
from K & Company 
Each one is different depending on the Grandchild 
I was making it for.  

In the middle is a special envelope for Christmas Day

I decorated around the edges with either beads, 
ribbon or sequin strips.

This video is just photos of all the boxes





1 comment:

Vicky said...

These are so precious! The little ones will get crazy getting a gift each day! Love them all! I saw the videos over at YouTube and I just had to come here and comment! Thanks for showing us these!!